If you are a K-12 computer science educator there is one must attend professional development conference during the year. That is the CSTA Annual Conference. Sure SIGCSE is great and if you teach at the college/university level you really want to be there. But there is no conference for K-12 CS educators where there is as much good stuff for you then the CSTA Conference.
CSTA members should have gotten the following announcement in email already. For those of you who are not members (why not? Its free) here is the official announcement.
Registration Now Open for the 2014 CSTA Annual Conference
- July 14-15, 2014 Pheasant Run Resort, St. Charles, Illinois
- July 14: Hands-on Workshops
- July 15: Keynotes and Breakouts
You are cordially invited to attend the 2014 CSTA Annual Conference. This year’s conference will be held at the beautiful Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, Illinois. Register at www.cstaconference.org.
The CSTA annual conference is a professional development opportunity for computer science and information technology teachers who need practical, classroom-focused information to help them prepare their students for the future.
Learning and Networking Opportunities:
Take advantage of this opportunity for relevant professional development.
- Explore issues and trends relating directly to your classroom
- Network with top professionals from across the country and around the world
- Interact with other teachers to gain new perspectives on shared challenges
Some of this year’s session topics include:
- Advanced Placement Computer Science
- Computational Thinking
- Increasing Enrollment in Computer Science
New This Year
- Choose from 12 three-hour workshops and 24 sessions, including sponsor spotlight sessions
- Visit Sponsor’s Hall
- Meet local chapter members
- And for pre-registered attendees, check-in early on Sunday afternoon
Act now to register for the 2014 CSTA Annual Conference at: www.cstaconference.org
Pre-registration is required and will be accepted for the first 500 teachers. The registration deadline is June 26, 2014. Also, please note that you must complete the payment portion of the online form in order to be fully registered for the conference!
Thanks to the generous donations of our sponsors, the registration fee of $75 (+$60 per workshop) includes lunch, resource materials, and a closing session raffle.
Please note that all workshops are “bring your own laptop” and that workshop registration is limited to 30-40 participants; so be sure to register early to get your workshop choice. Workshop registrations are non-transferable and it will not be possible to change workshops onsite. Registration and workshop fees are non-refundable.
The 2014 CSTA Annual Conference is made possible by the generous support of Oracle and Universal Technical Institute.
Please join us for this exciting event!