A lot of variety this week. Robots, professional development, news, curriculum. and some controversy around the AP CS A exam. None of it my fault.
HullPixelBot: A robot pixel from Hull may have to add this to my blog of robots for teaching programming and computer science.
Well Mike Zamansky has really been on a kick about (or kicking) the Advanced Placement Computer Science exam. He is not a fan. He's written several blog post on the topic and there has been a lot of discussion in the comments. Agree or disagree there is a lot going on.
- Advanced Placement - Because We Don't Trust Teachers
- A World Without Advanced Placement
- Remember, school is all about profit, wait no, I mean testing, no, I mean...
K 12 Computer Science Initiatives Are Exciting, but Are They Enough? …
#edtech via @EdSurge How do we do computer science and still make sure students are getting everything else they need in school?
Creative Coding Academy - a 20 hour Computer Science curriculum using TouchDevelop is available. Something for summer programs or after school programs perhaps.
Will I see you at the CSTA Conference this summer? I hope so.
- 2016 CSTA Annual Conference | July 10-12, 2016
- Town and Country Resort & Convention Center
- San Diego, California, USA
Oh and by the way save the date for 2017 as well.