Doug Peterson tagged me in this blogging meme. This isn’t normally the sort of thing that I do on this blog but it’s Doug Peterson! Doug is one of the nicest people I know. Plus as Doug points out “if it helps the cause of bringing bloggers together, I’ll give it a shot.”
So here is the task…
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger- in this case it would be me…
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me…
- I ride a unicycle. Well not in a while but I have it and could if I brought it out.
- I spent one Christmas Eve singing Christmas carols in Bethlehem’s Manger Square.
- My favorite operating system is VMS. (Bing it. )
- I ran for school board twice. Lost both times.
- I was a big fire buff when I was growing up. I had official credentials to travel inside the fire lines in New York City.
- I spent a summer working in a camp kitchen mostly washing dishes.
- I rode a bicycle from California to Delaware when I was in high school. In 32 days.
- The house I grew up in had a real brass fire pole taken from a real firehouse.
- I’m the oldest of four children.
- My dream is to learn how to fly an ultra light aircraft..
- I attended a Parochial school, a public school and a private school all before high school.
Doug’s Questions for Me Were… and my responses are in blue
- When was the last time you backed up your computer? The whole thing months ago. Key things get copied to the cloud (Skydrive) daily.
- If you could speak any language other than English, what would it be? Norwegian. Not for any practical reason but just because of my heritage.
- Where would you go for your dream vacation? French Polynesia. The idea just fascinates me.
- Have you ever received a parking ticket? Yes. Hard to avoid them when I was renting a place in Brooklyn with no off street parking.
- You’re in control of the thermostat. What’s your ideal room temperature? 70 to 72 Fahrenheit (That’s 21/22 for you Doug.)
- Have you ever taken an online course? Not a long one but several companies I have worked for ran required online mini courses.
- What was the last educational conference that you attended? Last summer’s CSTA conference.
- When was the last time you were in a public library? It’s been years.
- Have you ever dabbled with Linux? Not really. I worked with UNIX for a job I had many years ago and that turned me off to the whole idea.
- What would you consider to be the best photo you’ve ever taken? II ‘m a poor photographer but I have a picture of a water fall in Iceland I took that I like enough to use for the background on my computers.
- What, and where, is your favourite park? Probably Frogner Park in Oslo Norway. It is home to the Vigeland Sculpture Arrangement which is one of the must see places in Oslo.
The final thing that I’m supposed to do is pass this along. If you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged. Also visit these blogs. They’re good ones. Please keep this thing going.
- Laura Blankenship
- Doug Bergman
- Mark Guzdial
- Garth Flint
- Gail Carmichael
- Rob Miles
- Mike Zamansky
- Cait Sydney Pickens
- Michael Smith
- Matt Wagner
- “Ed” Donahue
For you and these folks, I’ll ask the following 11 questions.
- What place have you visited that you think everyone should visit?
- Who is the most famous person you have met?
- If you had to live in one other country other than where you live now where would it be?
- What sport do you most dream of being a start at?
- What did you want to be with you were 10 years old?
- What is the worse book you ever finished reading?
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
- What was the first car you ever owned?
- Dogs or cats or neither?
- Your ideal place to take a nap?
- Scariest thing you have ever done?
I played – hopefully, you will too.