Making Waves with CSTA!
2016 CSTA Annual Conference |-
Town and Country Resort & Convention Center
San Diego, California
Registration is now open for the CSTA annual conference! CSTA 2016 is a professional development opportunity for computer science and information technology educators working in, or within the K-12 arena who need practical, classroom-focused information to help them prepare their students for the future. Conference content is peer reviewed and peer or industry led, making it relevant to today's classroom needs. This year we are staying true to "making waves with CSTA" so we have expanded our conference to span three days, with two days worth of workshops, more industry-specific sessions, more exhibitors, along with multiple networking opportunities.
- Explore issues and trends relating directly to your classroom
- Learn, network, and interact
- Choose from various workshops and breakout sessions
- Amazing value (complimentary conference Wi-Fi, networking events, hands-on activities, lunch, etc.)
Some of this year's session topics include:
- Advanced Placement Computer Science
- Computational Thinking
- K-8 topics
Our morning keynote will be moderated by Gary Beach (Publisher Emeritus, CIO Magazine) with a unique CIO panel joining him. Our afternoon keynote will be announced at a later date.
Pre-registration is required and will be accepted for the first 500 teachers. The registration deadline is . Also, please note that you must complete the payment portion of the online form in order to be fully registered for the conference!
The 2016 CSTA Annual Conference is made possible by the generous support of Google, Microsoft, and Oracle Academy. We thank our sponsors for their generous donations. Your registration fee will include networking opportunities, activities, lunch, and resource materials.
- Early bird registration: $125 for 1.5 days (December 14-)
- Conference registration: $175 for 1.5 days ()
- Workshops: $100 for the first one, $50 for each additional (three max, and must be scheduled for in advance as there is NO ONSITE registration for workshops)
- Onsite registration: $225 for Tuesday only
- Onsite registration: $250 for 1.5 days
Workshops are a separate price, and this year we have expanded our offerings to include options , as well as . The price is $100 for the first workshop, and $50 for each additional workshop (maximum number of three).
Please note that all workshops are BYOD (bring your own device) and that workshop registration is limited to 30-40 participants; so be sure to register early to get your first workshop choice! As an additional reminder, due to the amount of advance preparation involved with each workshop, we are UNABLE to accept workshop registrations onsite or switch options.
Register at: www.cstaconference.org